INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
DEADLINE: April 30, 2017
(Late breaker deadline on request)
ALL ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SYSTEM.
Submit your abstract here
In the online process you will first need to create a “Submitter Account”.
Following the creation of the submitter account you will receive an email with your personal access code.
The submission process requires to identify the abstract submitter and the main author (this may be the same person or two different persons).
The system will allow you to start drafting the abstract and to work on it including interruptions, and to save it as often as you wish as a draft before eventually submitting the final version.
General Conditions for Submission of Abstracts
Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that the presenting author registers for the EUROGIN 2017 Congress and that financial resources to attend are available;
- Authors are requested to register within 10 days after having received their provisional notification of acceptance. Abstracts of authors not registered by May 20, 2017 will not be taken into consideration for the final program.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in ENGLISH
- Abstracts should be prepared in accordance to the instructions below and submitted through the online system. Abstracts should comply with the editing instructions;
- For proffered papers (for Oral Communications sessions or Poster presentation), only ONE abstract is allowed per person duly registered for the congress;
- Original scientific material is welcome and preference is given to recent findings not yet published at the date of the Congress;
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated by experts in one of the categories (topics) listed; they will be allocated for oral or poster presentation. Authors who do not wish to be considered for oral presentation are requested to indicate this when submitting. However, please note, that the Scientific Committee will make the final decision for the mode of presentation;
- The final decision of the Scientific Committee will be announced before May 15, 2017;
- Authors agree that their abstract will be published in the congress abstract book (pdf document, no printed document will be issued)
- All accepted abstract submitters will receive confirmation by email. Please do not forget to indicate your correct email address and telephone number when submitting your abstract, as well as the email addresses of the main author and the presenter (the author who will present the paper at the conference). The main author and the presenter can be the same person. They may also be identical to or different from the submitter);
- The main author and the presenter must be identified (by ticking the corresponding boxes)
Abstract Editing Instructions
- Abstracts must be submitted through the online submission system;
- Maximum length (body of abstract): 2700 characters;
- The title should be written in UPPER CASE (capitals); (keep it as short as possible, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation. ;
- Please avoid complex mathematical formulae; the system allows to insert simple tables.
- Abstracts should be structured in at least three sections, clearly mentioned as such: Background/Objectives – Methods – Results (optional) – Conclusions. References may be mentioned.
- All authors (main author and co-authors) should be listed with their last names (family names) and their first name(s). The published version will only mention the initial(s) of the first name(s).ONE author must be identified as the PRESENTER; the presenter commits to registering as a delegate (except if she/he is an invited speaker), to attend the congress and present the abstract.
- Please indicate professional addresses of all authors: Name of hospital, unit or laboratory, city and country in lower case. No other indications are to be given. Different affiliations will be automatically numbered;
- Do not indent spaces on the first line of each paragraph. No space should be inserted between paragraphs. Use international standards for scientific articles;
- Only standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Data must be given in units widely used in literature;
- Only essential references should be included and put in brackets at the end of the abstract: Numbers in the text may refer to them;
- Drugs must be identified by their generic names
For review purposes, abstracts are classified according to the following list. Select only 1 topic on our submission form:
- Viral and molecular biology
- Epidemiology and natural history
- HPV prophylactic vaccines
- HPV therapeutic vaccines
- Immunotherapy - Immuno-oncology - New treatments
- HPV testing
- HPV screening
- Molecular markers
- Screening methods
- Liquid based cytology
- Automation in cytology
- New technologies
- Diagnostic procedures / management
- Cervical neoplasia
- Vaginal neoplasia
- Vulvar diseases and neoplasia
- Anal neoplasia
- Oral HPV infection
- HPV and oropharynx / Head and neck cancer
- HPV and associated skin diseases
- Genital warts
- Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV infection
- Conventional therapies
- Economics and modelling
- Advocacy, acceptability and psychology
- Health education
- Low resource settings
- Public health